Find an institution that specializes in cultural/historical heritage in your city – this can be a museum, a cultural center etc. Research its history focusing on how it started to operate, who were the founders, what kind of function does it have in the community and what kind of actions do they undertake to promote local identity.
As a next step, visit the institution and take a close look at their collection/take part in their workshops. Based on your visit, prepare a visual map of the cultural heritage, marking the objects/events/traditions that are important and characteristic for your city’s local indentity. Then, make a list of ways in which this heritage could be promoted through community based projects.
Identify and visit an adult education center to observe and take part in an ongoing training.
This task consists of the following stages:
- Research how adult education is done in your country/region/city
- Identify the institutions responsible for adult education in your city
- Visit one of the centers (governmental or non-govermental) that runs adult education projects, workshops, or other activities
- Observe the practices based on cultural heritage in the visited public education center
- Prepare a report on cultural heritage studies in adult education.